Monday, April 2, 2018

Amazon Account Closings

For what seems like the past week or so, Amazon has been deleting customer accounts for absolutely no reason. Most customers are not even aware as they use the app and orders are working and seemingly fine. However trying to access on website or by browser has caused the error of either No account or password being incorrect.

Upon being able to contact Amazon customer service, the reps seem to be blaming customers as shown in my chat screenshots attached. I contacted a few days ago when trying to order a few last minute Easter items and could not do so. I contacted customer service who told me it would be escalated and I would receive and e-mail. Which I never got.

Today on 04/02/2018 I tried to log in from my computer and received the incorrect password error. I went to the app and contacted customer service. Who proceeded to tell me I was in violation of the website terms and this is why my account had been closed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I would be told the same thing from them.

I own 4 amazon echo dots, a Firestick, we use amazon daily. And all of a sudden I am in violation of terms for doing what?

Once speaking to a supervisor I am told there was a glitch in the system and offered a $10 promo for the mix up and told all customers affected have been contacted.

I have never been contacted. This is day 4 for me and has been longer for others without a word from Amazon on what is actually going on.

It seems very unfair that Amazon is able to silence its customers at will with no explanation (i.e reviewing and feedback privileges)  And even more unfair that paying customers are having accounts shut down who use these services and some depend on them with no word from what is happening.

We at this point don't even know if our information is safe on the site and still nothing from Amazon.

Here are a few screenshots showing me being told they closed my account for violation, and then directly behind a supervisor taking blame on behalf of Amazon...

So Amazon, When will we get answers??




11 comments:

  1. What a bunch of corporate Giant @sses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, if they can't email the customers, the customers at least deserve a statement from them. What if bank info is compromised?

      Delete
  2. is your account still closed cant use that 10$ if you cant log in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right it's a good point too, I honestly have been so mad I didn't even think about it.

      Delete
  3. I am on day 1 of this insanity.
    My neighbor is in a wheelchair and uses the Alexa devices to control lights, heat, TV etc... It is unacceptable for accounts to just be closed.
    I've been told everything in the screenshots as well.
    I really hope this is fixed & the truth comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still wondering how they will reinstate accounts without charging people I've seen reports some customers have been refunded for partial year of prime. Yearly payers would have to pay a full year again early.

    And we are the same a lot of my household is amazon connected and it's crappy. We couldn't even easter shop on there as we had planned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Account closed here as well. They charged my card 2 days after I was shut down. So yea, they have access to all of your information which is scary. My attorney handled it and they refunded me in full. No more Amazon for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you acquire an attorney for this specifically or you have like a family one that helped out? I've seen a few people say they are being denied refunds because they violated terms.

      Delete
  6. Same thing happened to me. They told me I violated their terms of service, but couldn't tell me how. I ordered some things I needed from Walmart. They have 2 day free shipping if you spend 35.00. They have a better variety and more affordable on some items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same thing happened to me. I can't even use CHAT because I can't login, my email is no longer recognized. I tried to buy a book and there was a pop-up with a phone number which I called. The rep tells me they will submit a form and I'll hear from someone within 24-48 hrs which never happens. I've called twice, was told my case was escalated, but still nothing. I also have Prime membership, Amazon credit card, Subscribe & Save, tons of books and audible purchases. I'm VERY frustrated and never realized how much I depended on Amazon until it was taken away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you go through audible.com for chat they can transfer an amazon rep in. Its what I have been having to do.

      Delete